Para hacer una frase se necesita tres cosas: un sujeto, un verbo y la frase debe tener significado. Por lo tanto, se puede ver la importancia de los verbos como no puedes construir una frase sin él.
(He incluido un significado de cada verbo, pero los verbos, como otras palabras, pueden tener más que un significado. También, hay que cambiar la forma del verbo para que acceda con el sujeto y el tiempo adecuado.)
purify (acendrar) – Make sure you purify the water before you use it.
beg (rogar) – I do not like it when you beg me to go with you.
attend (acudir) – My brother attends an English class every Wednesday night.
straighten (enderezar) – He told us to straighten the rows before we leave.
hurt (perjudicar) – Negative publicity will really hurt the company’s image.
sigh (suspirar) – Whenever my father gets angry, he always starts to sigh.
empty (vaciar) – Please empty the dishwasher before you sit down.
approach (acercarse) – Somebody came into the room and approached the teacher.
clarify (aclarar) – Can you please clarify these instructions for me?
flee (huir) – Yesterday the criminal fled from the police, but he was eventually caught.
please (agradar) – My coach was not very pleased with my performance.
flow (fluir) – There is a problem because the water is flowing directly into the building.
cheat (estafar) – People who offer something for nothing may be trying to cheat you.
pollute (contaminar) – If you pollute the the river, you will be fined.
nod (cabecear) – All the students started to nod durring the lecture.
confront (enfrentar) – The best way to handle a difficult situation is to confront it.
disturb (molestar) – My mother was disturbed by the sound of the televisión.
disregard (prescindir) – We were told to disregard everything we head from the witness.
submerge (sumergir) – Submerge the tire in water to check for any holes.
dissolve (desleir) – How long will it take to dissolve?
Complete las siguientes oraciones con uno de los verbos en su forma adecuada.
- Their greediness everyone.
- They were afraid to _ their fears.
- Be careful if a stranger you.
- The water was _ from the hose.
- My goal is to _ Harvard University next year.
- If you burn your hand, you should it in water.
- Somebody forgot to __ the trash can.
- Wait for the powder to _ before you drink it.
- I was very _ to hear that you did so well.
- Do you know if this water has been ?
- The banker went to jail because he his customers.
- It took us a long time to all the crooked tables.
- I know you were tired because you started to _.
- It was so confusing that I needed him to everything.
- Please do not me while I am working.
- Due to very difficult circumstances, he was forced to _ for money.
- You cannot _ your health.
- It is illegal to _ from the scene of an accident.
- They _ the ocean by throwing trash overboard.
- Why do you __ in disgust every time I ask you?
Quote of the week: If there is no wind, row. – Latin Proverb
Answers: 1) hurt 2) confront 3) approaches 4) flowing 5) attend 6) submerge 7) empty
8) dissolve 9) pleased 10) purified 11) cheated 12) straighten 13) nod 14) clarify
15) disturb 16) beg 17) disregard 18) flee 19) polluted 20) sigh
Persistence overcomes resistance.
Se puede hacer comentarios a: firstname.lastname@example.org