I. Choose the correct question for each answer.
- I am a dentist.
a) What are you doing? b) What did you do? c) What do you do?
- We went to a party last night.
a) Where you did go? b) Where did they go? c) Where did you go?
- It lasts three hours.
a) How long is the class? b) How lasts the class? c) How much lasts the class?
- I have three children.
a) How much children you have? b) How many children do you have? c) How children have?
- Vanessa gets up at 11:00 am every morning.
a) What Vanessa get up? b) When gets up Vanessa? c) When does Vanessa get up?
- They are going to go to New York.
a) What are they doing? b) What will they do? c) What are their plans?
- We are studying for our English test.
a) What are you doing? b) What are they doing? c) What do we do?
- I am fine.
a) How fine are you? b) What’s new? c) How are you?
II. Choose the correct preposition to complete each sentence.
- What time do we have to pick _ grandma?
a) at b) up c) down
- I decided to take _ from work tomorrow.
a) on b) off c) over
- When are you going to try _ your new computer?
a) out b) on c) over
- Steve was such a bad student he got kicked of high school.
a) on b) in c) out
- Will you be able to get without working?
a) by b) up c) to
- What do you think will keep him doing that again?
a) by b) on c) from
- Let’s not do anything until the problem blows .
a) up b) over c) down
- Did you hear the exciting news?
a) from b) by c) about
III. Choose the correct verb form for each sentence.
- What did you _ that for?
a) do b) done c) doing
- I have been __ in San Diego for 10 years.
a) live b) lived c) living
- How long has it __ since you last saw your brother?
a) be b) been c) being
- What are you to do?
a) go b) goes c) going
- When do you think they will _ here?
a) be b) being c) been
- Will he be able to to the meeting tomorrow night?
a) coming b) comes c) come
- Have they _ dessert yet?
a) eat b) ate c) eaten
- Nobody has _ since yesterday.
a) sleep b) slept c) sleeped
- Why hasn’t anyone _ the housework?
a) did b) do c) done
- Let’s go because Emmy in a hurry.
a) was b) is c) be
Quote of the week: Think about the person you want to be not the person you are. TW
Persistence overcomes resistance.