I. Escoge el verbo correcto de cada frase.
1. One of the players (was, were) selected for the all-star game.
2. The children (is, are) playing outside.
3. Economics (is, are) my favorite subject.
4. (Do, Does) you have the books?
5. All the furniture (is, are) going to arrive tomorrow.
6. There (were, was) a party at Bill’s house yesterday.
7. The people I saw at the theatre (was, were) all dressed in black.
8. (Do, Does) he know about the test tomorrow?
9. Mathematics (are, is) my least favorite class.
10. All the money I earned (were, was) given to charity.
11. The police (is, are) on the way.
12. My biggest problem (are, is) thirty people are coming to the party and I only have room for twenty.
13. The topic of these four books (are, is) cars.
14. Greg, Dan, and I (am, are) on the same basketball team.
15. One thousand dollars (are, is) not enough money to buy a new car.
16. Ten one-hundred dollar bills (were, was) taken from the cash register.
17. Watching sports (are, is) very relaxing and enjoyable.
18. Everybody (were, was) surprised that they lost the game.
19. Everyone said that the news (were, was) very positive.
20. Five plus two (are, is) seven.
II. Escoge el significado de cada palabra.
1. therefore a. abrumador
2. however b. después
3. generally c. asimismo
4. because d. uno y otro
5. overwhelming e. generalmente
6. perhaps f. ulteriormente
7. although g. así
8. nevertheless h. por lo tanto
9. subsecuently I. desde
10. furthermore j. además
11. afterwards k. por consiguiente
12. so l. aunque
13. likewise m. si no
14. since n. sin embargo
15. surprising o. mientras
16. either p. acaso
17. while q. a pesar de
18. otherwise r. asombroso
19. consequently s. no obstante
20. despite t. porque
III. Escoge el pronombre correcto de cada frase.
1. I gave the keys to (he, him).
2. My brother and (me, I) play football every weekend.
3. I have always wanted (we, us) to go to the same school.
4. Ask (him, he) to give you a ride to the train station.
5. Between you and (I, me), I hope to win.
6. (Their, There) children are very happy.
7. Our teacher gave (he and I, me and him) the toughest assignment.
8. May I please speak to Johnny? This is (me, he)
9. The teacher told (we, us) to be quiet.
10. It was (he, him) who found the money.
IV. Escoge el significado de los modismos
1. round up a. without waiting
2. have a go at b. to behave badly
3. gung-ho c. to try in every way
4. call off d. serious trouble
5. up in arms e. to get started
6. watch it f. to try
7. get to g. drunk
8. deep water h. be able to
9. chew out I. inattentive
10. at the drop of a hat j. to collect
11. around the corner k. fool around
12. leave no stone unturned l. to cancel
13. hop to it m. beyond one’s ability
14. good grief n. soon to happen
15. three sheets to the wind o. wow
16. out to lunch p. to attack with words
17. act up q. enthusiastic
18. over one’s head r. to scold
19. lash out s. angry
20. goof off t. be careful
Quote of the week: If you wait for all the lights to turn green, you will never leave the house. TW
Comentarios se puede hacer a: email@example.com
PERSISTENCE OVERCOMES RESISTANCE